Enhancement of crosswalk markings and crosswalk signage; installation of a striped center median on N. Clark St. at W. Farwell Ave.
- Although there are crosswalks at this intersection, they are not easily seen and there is no signage to bring motorist attention to them
- This intersection is the closest intersection to the Rogers Park Library, and there is at least one school (New Field School) on the blocks adjacent to the intersection
- Due to the timing of the lights on Clark St. at Pratt and Morse, it is very difficult to cross Clark St. at this intersection—any slow moving pedestrians (children, elderly, handicapped) would find it difficult if not impossible depending on the time of day
v Solution (approved by Chicago Department of Transportation):
- Make all four crosswalks ladder-style
- Add back-to-back pedestrian signs on east and west sides of Clark St.
- Install a striped center-median on Clark, immediately north and south of Farwell