1. Neighborhood Assemblies- November- December, 2009
Residents identify local needs and spending priorities, and select “communtiy representatives.”
2. Representative Meetings- December, 2009- March, 2010
Representatives transform community priorities and needs into concrete project proposals.
3. Second Round of Neighborhood Assemblies- March, 2010
Representatives present lists of projects they want to propose [to be voted on in April] and residents will have the opportunity to request for projects to be added to or removed from the list.
4. Voting Assembly- April, 2010
Ward residents vote on the projects proposed by representatives.
5. Project Implementation- April-December, 2010
The City of Chicago implements the chosen projects.