Note that many street-related projects are on hold due to extensive ward-wide gas-line replacement by People’s Gas. That project, which began in 2011, will not be completed in some areas of the Ward until August 2013. Given it is counter-productive to repave a street or paint new bike lanes, when subsequently the pavement will be torn up by utilities, the work will have to be on hold until the gas-line installation is completed.
- Bike Lanes on Albion, Eastlake & Pratt (Phase II). PENDING. Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT) project. Waiting on gas-line work. (See note, above). Expected completion: Fall 2013.
- Bike Racks. PENDING. Twenty racks will be purchased, with CDOT matching with an additional 20 racks. The site locations are under discussion. Expected completion: Summer 2012.
- Improvements to Ridge, Touhy, Rogers Intersection. PENDING. Final cost estimate given by CDOT and awaiting scheduling. Expected completion: Summer 2012.
- Improvements to Metra Underpasses at Birchwood, Estes & Touhy. PENDING. Joint effort by CDOT and Union Pacific. Project to include washing, lighting, repainting, and pigeon abatement. Expected completion: Summer 2012.
- New Playground at Touhy Park. PENDING. Partial funding in place from PB 2011 vote plus agreement from the Chicago Park District to fund 1/3 of final cost. An additional $125,000 is being sought on the PB 2012 ballot to complete the funding package.
- Path Extension at Jarvis, Leone & Loyola Parks. PENDING. Funding in place to order two of the three extensions. Expected completion: Summer 2012.
- Street Resurfacing. Completion dates vary with location of streets. (See note, above):
- 1200-1500 Pratt – Late Summer 2013
- 6800-7000 Wolcott – Summer 2012
- 7400-7600 Wolcott – Late Summer 2013
- 1400 Jarvis – Late Summer 2013
- 1200-1300 Columbia – Summer 2012