1. Neighborhood Assemblies – October-November, 2011
Residents identify local needs and spending priorities, and select “communtiy representatives.”
2. Representative Meetings – November, 2011-February, 2012
Representatives transform community priorities and needs into concrete project proposals.
3. Second Round of Neighborhood Assemblies – April, 2012
Representatives present lists of projects they want to propose [to be voted on in April] and residents will have the opportunity to request for projects to be added to or removed from the list.
- Neighborhood Assembly 1 (English)
- Neighborhood Assembly 2 (English)
- Neighborhood Assembly 3 (Spanish)
4. Early Voting – April 22-27, 2012
Ward residents vote on the projects proposed by representatives the week prior to the Voting Assembly at the 49th Ward Service Office and other locations.
- Monday, April 23 to Friday, April 27
- Sunday, April 22
- Monday, April 23
- Tuesday, April 24
- Wednesday, April 25
- Thursday, April 26
- Friday, April 27
5. Voting Assembly – Saturday, April 28th
Ward residents vote on the projects proposed by representatives.
6. Project Implementation – ongoing throughout 2012
The City of Chicago implements the chosen projects.